Thank you for your interest in our school. As parents and educators, we respect how personal and challenging the school selection process can be and truly appreciate your time.
You can find information on this year’s enrollment process below and on our FAQ page. For details about our team, vision and priorities, and educational philosophy and approach, please explore our website, including the link to our detailed petition.
We look forward to communicating with you over the next few months and wish you all the best in your school search.
Ryan and Emily
Heads of School & Co-founders
The New School of San Francisco
Please read through all of the information below. If you have additional questions please email: email@example.com
The lottery for the 2017-2018 school year was run on March 13th. All applications submitted after the March 5th will be automatically be added to the bottom of our waitlist.
Online applications can be found here.
Applications will be available for all grades (K-3) and translated in English, Spanish, and Chinese. Applications will be accepted through March 5, 2017.
- November 1, 2016 - Application process opens
- March 5, 2017 – Application Process closes
- March 13, 2017 - Lottery conducted (open to the public)
- March 17, 2017 - Applicants notified of lottery results
- April 28, 2017 - Enrollment decisions due (families accept or decline offers)
- April –September 2017 - Students will be drawn from the waitlist as spaces become available
- May 1, 2017 - Registration opens
- May 26, 2017 - Registration due
UPDATE 4/11: Our open houses for the 2016-2017 school year have ended. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to add your name to our mailing list.
Open houses will be held in the evening between 6:30-7:30pm. We encourage you to learn more about our vision, values and program at these events. You will learn about the daily life of New School SF students as well as hear from our Heads of School, Directors of Community and Curriculum, and current parents.
Get to Know Us Better
Below are resources to help you get to know us a little better during the application process:
Academic Calendar: Our 2016-17 calendar includes our start date, along with all school holidays and professional development dates for our faculty. View Academic Calendar 2016-17
Following the lottery, we plan to hold a small number of spring enrollment events for prospective families. We’ll use these events to introduce our families and team to one another, build community, and engage kids in our program.
Resources for Registration
Below are some of the forms needed for our registration packet. *These forms only need to be filled out and submitted once you are accepted and intend to enroll.
- 2017-2018 Oral Health Assessment Form
- 2017-2018 Health Exam Form
- Request for Student Records (included in the registration packet)
- Medical Authorization (included in the registration packet)
For questions on our admissions process or timeline, please email: email@example.com.