Teacher Hiring Process
Before applying for a teaching position, we recommend you review the following information to familiarize yourself with our team and approach:
- Learn more about our current team, and in particular, our teacher profiles.
- Learn more about the vision, mission, and history of our school.
- Learn more about our philosophy and approach to teaching and learning.
Lead & Resident Teachers:
- An unyielding commitment to upholding our guiding principles and the firm belief in our school’s vision and mission;
- Teaching experience in the grade level and subject area(s) of your desired opening preferred;
- A bachelor’s degree required.
- A California teaching credential;
- At least three years of teaching experience;
- A master’s degree in education preferred;
- Background in inquiry-based curriculum preferred;
- Coaching experience preferred.
Hiring Process Overview and Timeline
Our hiring process generally runs 6-8 weeks depending on the timing of one’s application and the responsiveness of candidates throughout the process. Our hiring team carefully reviews all candidate materials.
Here’s our hiring process and timeline at a glance:
Step 1: Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before February 9th.
Step 2: Complete 30-minute phone interview*
Step 3: Send documentation from your classroom and reflections on your learning and teaching philosophies*+
Step 4: Participate in final in-person interview day which includes a demo lesson, relevant exercises and panel interviews with parents, advisors and co-founders (slated for March 2nd). Our final interview day generally runs about 5-6 hours.*
Step 5: Offer letters sent the second week of March.
*Pending invitation by hiring team.
+At this stage, a member of the hiring team will request three professional references. It’s most helpful to receive feedback from supervisors and peers to get a well-rounded perspective on one’s abilities related to the position being considered. The hiring team will also request lesson plans, favorite educational sites, and insight regarding your philosophy on teaching and learning.